Please choose one of the following pages:
De La Salle - Red
The de La Salle brothers were founded by a French priest St. John Baptist de La Salle in 164. He was an innovative educator and dedicated to teaching youth, so he formed the De La Salle’s Brothers. Their motto is the Sign of Faith. The expression is often used with a five-pointed star. The De La Salle Brothers arrived in Cootamundra in 1913 at the request of the Bishop.
O'Shaughnessy - Gold
Monsignor Terence O’Shaughnessy was the Parish Priest of Cootamundra for more than 18 years. He was exceptionally generous, paying for the building of the church, presbytery, De la Salle novitiate, De la Salle primary school and convents at Stockinbingal, Wallendbeen and Bethungra. He was a gentle and kind person and displayed great sympathy for foreign missions. Father O’Shaughnessy was very supportive of Catholic Education.
Mercy - Blue
The first Sisters of Mercy came to Australia in 1846. They came to Cootamundra in 1882 to continue on with Catholic Education. The Sisters have been an integral part of education, health and pastoral care in the parish and Cootamundra district. Their Mission is to know God’s loving kindness and share it with others. The Sisters of Mercy are committed to the most vulnerable in our society.
Current Sporting Events
Please note: Sporting events are subject to change. Please check the calendar for the most up to date information.